Saturday, December 02, 2017

Shelfie Saturday

Shelf full of various pieces of 1/12 dolls' house furniture, stacked up in a higgledy-piggledy pile.
This is not the sort of shelfie I'd planned to blog today, but when I woke up to discover it was still raining and wasn't likely to stop anytime this weekend I realised any thoughts of spray painting anything needed to be postponed.

Instead a coolish rainy Saturday seemed to be the perfect time to start the yearly studio deep clean, even though I know from previous experience that the yearly studio deep clean is soon followed by the yearly summer-break creative frenzy, thus ending the year with the studio in worse shape than it was when I started cleaning it :-D

3 comments :

elizabeth s said...

I do believe that the majority of miniaturists share the same burden of messy desktops which they may try cleaning and organizing more than once a year yet are resigned to the fact that it will ALWAYS revert back to its original chaotic condition; it just goes with the territory. ;D

Jodi Hippler said...

I love a good organize! It's like going shopping in my own stash and reinvigorates a few great but forgotten ideas. Hope you feel inspired when all is neat and tidy! :O)

AMCSviatko said...

You're quite right, Elizabeth: I was moaning to a friend yesterday that one of the reasons our studios are so messy is that even when we make a concerted effort to sort stuff out, the stuff is so small that we only gain about a square foot of space after much effort.

And Jodi, I know what you mean about shopping the stash: there's also the opposite challenge, when you suddenly remember something that would be perfect for what you're thinking of then have to play a 3-D version of the memory game to try and work out where you stored it...